A clash between vigilantes and armed bandits in Tsamiyat Jino village in Kankara local government of Katsina State has claimed 14 lives.
The clash was confirmed by the Katsina State Police Command through its spokesperson, SP Gambo Isah.
According to Gambo, the vigilantes failed to heed to police advice and launched an attack on the bandits in their hideout.
Speaking about the loss of lives, he said seven of the vigilantes and seven of the bandits were killed.
“According to the reports received by the command, the incident started when members of the vigilante group decided to launch an attack on the bandits in their hideout (forest) killing seven of them and resultant of a fierce battle where the bandits also killed seven of the vigilante members.
“Yansakai (volunteers) who went into the forest to fight the bandits refused to heed to police advice.” He added that “the bandits suffered casualties of the same number (7) which they have evacuated from the forest as reported by the DPO in the area”.
- 14-year-old suspected female kidnapper arrested in Katsina
- Police arrest four suspected Boko Haram members in Edo
- JUST IN: Mayhem In Asaba As Police Allegedly Shoot IPOB Member
- NYSC withdraws corps members posted to “war-zone”areas affected by banditry
- Man robbing with toy gun shot dead by Police in Ebonyi