Gbolahan, who was arraigned on one count of defilement by the Lagos State Government, molested the child at his residence on Morocco Road, Shomolu on August 11, 2018.
The prosecutor, Feyinti Ogbemudia, told the court that the convict molested the victim when she went to drink water in her grandmother’s room. The prosecutor said Gbolahan pulled off the victim’s pants and had forceful se.xual intercourse with her while the cry of the victim drew the attention of neighbours who rescued her.
He added that the victim was referred to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, where she was subsequently referred to the Mirabel Centre for examination and treatment.
At the hearing of the case yesterday, Justice Soladoye held that the victim had violated the chastity of the victim.
“I have reviewed the facts of the case and I hereby find the defendant guilty of the one count of defilement. The defendant violated the chastity of a child, thereby leaving an indelible emotional trauma. I can imagine the trauma the child went through. According to Section 131 of the Lagos State Criminal Law, the defendant is hereby sentenced to life imprisonment” he said
- Muslim Cleric, 43, Rapes 5-year-old Girl Inside Mosque In Nigeria
- Lagos Teacher Arraigned For Sending N*de Pictures, Videos To Female Student
- Teachers defend Chrisland School supervisor accused of raping 2-yr-old girl
- Jay Jay Okocha Declared Wanted by Lagos state High Court
- An Alleged Whistle-blower Lands In Serious Trouble For Giving False Information To EFCC