It was gathered that the man’s wife and his two children were reported traveling along the Enugu – Port Harcourt Road around Okigwe, Sunday afternoon, when their vehicle got involved in a fatal motor accident.
This was disclosed in a condolence message issued to newsmen by Onyebuchi Ememanka, the Chief Press Secretary to the Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu.
The statement further disclosed that the third child survived the accident, but is currently in intensive care at a hospital in Okigwe where doctors are battling to save her life.
The statement quoted Governor Ikpeazu as expressing deep shock at the news of the death of the wife and two children of Honorable Adiele Ekeke, a Commissioner in the Abia State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission (ASOPADEC) and a political leader in Ukwa East LGA of the State.
“Governor Ikpeazu is deeply saddened by this tragedy and prays the Almighty God, the great comforter to console Hon. Ekeke and grant him the fortitude to bear this great loss. He prays the good Lord to intervene and save the life of the child who is battling with her life presently”.
- After 14 Years DNA Test Reveals Sons Are Not Pastors Children
- Obaseki sacks all special assistants, senior special assistants
- Little Girl Suffers Spinal Cord Injury After Ghastly Accident, Appeals For Help (Photos)
- NYSC withdraws corps members posted to “war-zone”areas affected by banditry
- BREAKING: Rivers Govt Acquires Shell's 45 Percent Interest In OML 11