Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be ruled out for the rest of the season with an Achilles injury.
The 38-year-old suffered the injury while taking a shot in training on Monday and is set to undergo scans this week.
Ibrahimovic has scored four goals in 10 appearances since rejoining AC Milan for a third time in December.
His contract runs out on June 30, but the Italian giants have an option to extend his stay by a further year.
The 2019/20 Serie A campaign has been suspended since March due to the coronavirus pandemic.
But top-flight clubs have voted to resume the season on June 13, pending approval from the Italian government.
AC Milan are seventh in the Serie A table with 12 games to go.
Last month, Ibrahimovic remained tight-lipped when quizzed about his future.
He said: “I have a contract with Milan, and we will see how it ends there, if it will end.
“I have said I want to play football for as long as I possibly can, but you never know what will happen.
“I’m a person that wants to perform and to contribute with something, not just play because of what I have done or who I am.
“If you belong to a team, you have to contribute with something. We will see what happens.”
- AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic set to call time on his stunning playing career and embark on managerial dream
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic agrees deal to rejoin Milan ending talk of possible Premier League return
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores and assists in thrilling Milan derby as Inter come from two goals down to win
- All 20 Serie A clubs condemn racism in open letter to fans after Romelu Lukaku and Mario Balotelli incidents
- Cristiano Ronaldo Grabs Two Awards After Missing Out On Ballon D’Or