Arsenal have joined Chelsea and Manchester United in the race to sign Barcelona outcast Philippe Coutinho, reports claim.
The former Liverpool ace has spent the season on loan at Bayern Munich having struggled to adapt to life in LaLiga at Camp Nou.
Things haven’t worked out for Coutinho at Barca and he’s currently on loan at Bayern Munich
The German club are said to not be willing to sign the playmaker, who has eight goals and six assists this season, on a permanent basis.
Chelsea and Manchester United were linked with summer swoops for the ex-Anfield hero earlier this week.
And now, according to the Mirror, Arsenal have joined their Premier League rivals in making enquiries over the player’s availability in the summer.
The Gunners are on the hunt for a new creative midfielder, with boss Mikel Arteta said to be keen on signing a long-term replacement for Mesut Ozil.
Orkun Kokcu of Feyenoord and RB Leipzig’s Marcel Sabitzer have also been linked with a switch to north London.
Last month, Bayern chief Karl-Heinze Rummenigge admitted the club still had reservations over signing Coutinho permanently.
“Why is it [the transfer] not decisive? This is a difficult question,’ Rummenigge told Sport Bild. “I think he played well in some games while in others he gave the impression of being a little inhibited.
“I don’t know why. The fact is that we all believe he is an exceptional footballer, we see him in training and sometimes during competitions.
“Everyone tries to help him, the coach, his teammates. Now we have to hope that in the crucial weeks starting now, he will become an important factor in helping us win titles.”
- Chelsea linked with shock move for Bayern Munich legend Manuel Neuer as Kepa Arrizabalaga replacement
- Transfer news and football gossip: Bellerin considering Arsenal exit, Liverpool’s interest in midfielder confirmed, Drogba rejects Chelsea return
- Arsenal ‘have not got much chance of signing’ Tottenham target Dayot Upamecano, with Bayern Munich and Barcelona more likely destinations
- Barcelona would have to pay more than £200m to sign Mohamed Salah or Sadio Mane from Liverpool due to ‘Coutinho clause’
- Barcelona could sell Philippe Coutinho TOMORROW in order to get Luis Suarez relacement – but interest cooled in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang