Bayern Munich defender Niklas Sule reportedly has ambitions of joining Manchester United.
Sule has been linked with United previously but the 6ft5in centre-back, capped 29 times for Germany, remains at Bayern where he has been an inconsistent presence in Hansi Flick’s XI.
The 25-year-old is out of contract in 2022, and with Bayern set to lose David Alaba and Jerome Boateng, it is expected that they will bring Sule to the negotiating table.
But Bild journalist Christian Falk says Sule ‘dreams’ of moving to United.
— Christian Falk (@cfbayern) November 20, 2020
United are expected to recruit a top-class centre-back to partner Harry Maguire.
They have been linked with Rafael Varane but Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has downplayed rumours of a United move for the France defender.
- Gossip: Man United miss out on another winger
- Leverkusen ‘reject’ Tottenham ‘request’ for Harry Kane backup
- Thomas Muller signs new two-year contract extension with Bayern Munich, ending Manchester United transfer links
- Man Utd ‘very, very likely’ to land Milan star in free transfer
- Report rules out Man Utd bid for £70m Napoli defender