As part of measures to contain the spread of Coronavirus in the state, the Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has ordered the immediate closure of nightclubs, bars and other social gatherings.
Governor Sanwo-Olu gave the directive today when he spoke at a press briefing. He said following extensive consultations with various religious leaders, the state government has also directed immediate suspension of gatherings of not more than 50 people.
He advised Lagosians to avoid any form of gathering either academic, social, family, professional, political or religious.
This means that gatherings around our event centres and clubs, both day clubs and night clubs, bars etc are also affected by this directive,” he said.
- Coronavirus: Drama As Lagos Govt Seals Plaza, Mall For Violating Directive On Large Gathering
- Lagos state government begins enforcement of ban on public gathering, shuts down surprise party & seals off two event centers (photo)
- I never saw myself as a politician until 2018 – Governor Sanwo-Olu
- How Davido Performed At Ibadan Clubs Despite Govt Advisory On Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: No plans to shut down schools, places of worship in Edo state – Governor Godwin Obaseki