Stare Governor Obaseki made this known when he received religious leaders from the state in his office on Friday March 20th.
He said there is no need for anyone in the state to panic as his government has taken appropriate measures to prevent the importation of the virus into the state.
He however added that his government has put up measures to deal with the spread of the virus if it eventually finds its way to the state.
”There is no plan to shut down places of worship except it becomes absolutely necessary. However, we would want to appeal that for the sake of your congregation, we should look at how to keep people from being too close from one another. It is possible to place visual services” he said
Many state governments have banned social gatherings as part of efforts to curb the spread of the virus in their states.
- Update: Lagos state government bans religious gathering of over 50 worshipers
- Edo Government Restricts Gatherings To 20 Persons
- There is no need to shut down our schools for Coronavirus – Akwa Ibom Governor
- Coronavirus: Boris Johnson orders UK – WIDE lock down from TONIGHT
- Italian who brought coronavirus to Nigeria now negative – Lagos