Coronavirus: Officers of the Nigeria Police Force have reportedly invaded the Surulere Baptist Church in Lagos, where a Sunday service was holding against the government’s order.
Coronavirus: Police stops service at Lagos Church (Video)
On Saturday, the Lagos State government issued a statement on the limitations of religious gatherings to curb the spread of the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19).
Based on the order, many churches suspended their major and weekly activities, including Sunday services, which usually attract thousands of worshipers across the state.
But according to a social media report, the Baptist church in Lagos went against the order and police officers were deployed to the center to disperse the gathering.
Lagos State #COVID19 Task force and Police have successfully stopped service at this church.
— LOGOR’ (@_Logor) March 22, 2020
- Riot in Iyana Ipaja as Okada riders and Police clash
- Nigeria Police Commission Approves Promotion Of 623 Officers
- Coronavirus: Drama As Lagos Govt Seals Plaza, Mall For Violating Directive On Large Gathering
- Coronavirus: Angry youths allegedly burn police station for stopping their prayer in Katsina
- Police storm Obalende market, allegedly destroy food stuffs