Super Eagles stars Ogenyi Onazi and Chidozie Awaziem have joined the growing list of players and fans faulting the decision of Turkish referee disallowing Olanrewaju Kayode sensational goal in a Turkish Super Lig match between his club Gaziantep and Galatasaray.
Gaziantep playing away to league contender practically took the game to Galatasaray as they came back from 1-3 to draw the match in extra time.
The Nigerian international had netted a beauty overhead kick in 93rd minute, only for this goal to be ruled out after a lengthy VAR dispute.
For close to 10 minutes the match was disrupted as referee issuing multiple bookings on the appealing Gaziantep bench before play resumed.
Reacting to the trending video on Instagram, Onazi wrote: “it is so sad that such a beautiful goal was disallowed by the referee. ”
Leganes central defender, Awazien asked? “Is the referee well, how he could possibly cancel that goal?”
On his part, Kayode wrote said: “what a beauty that was denied. We go again. ”
Responding to Kayode’s post, his wife, Dora Kayode encouraged her hubby that, “your name has been registered. They all know your name.”
It is said that Kayode’s goal could easily have been among contenders for the goal of the Turkish Super Lig 2019-2020 season.
- Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United: De Gea NOT fouled by Van Dijk in build-up to Firmino’s disallowed goal, says ex-Premier League referee
- Super Eagles striker, Olarenwaju Kayode launches multi-million Naira mansion in Lagos
- Fani-Kayode Attacks Pastor Adeboye, Tells Him What To Do To Buhari
- I congratulate him & I wish him all that he wishes me – Femi Fani-Kayode tells Buhari
- This is why men spend their money on me, you can hate all you want – Bobrisky reveals in new video