Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has resigned from the All Progressives Congress (APC), LailasNews can confirm.
Obaseki announced his resignation after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
It can be recalled that the governor was disqualified by the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) from recontesting in the governorship election.
Mr Obaseki had also revealed he would take a decision on his membership of the APC after meeting with the Nigerian leader.
The governor has blamed his ordeal on the APC national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, with whom he has been involved in a bitter fight.
The Edo governor is expected to defect to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) whose leaders he has been meeting with since the APC’s decision.
- ‘I Will Show Him I'm The Governor’: Here Is The Moment Obaseki Strongly Warned Oshiomhole (Video)
- BREAKING: Obaseki Writes DSS & IG, Requests Oshiomhole’s Arrest, Prosecution
- Edo 2020: Obaseki officially joins PDP
- APC Governors storm Oshiomhole’s office to rescue Obaseki
- APC Governors Give National Chairman, Oshiomhole Ultimatum To Resign