Bianca Ojukwu has stated that Igbo fallen heroes are not properly honored. She made this known while giving her funeral tribute to a former President General of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Dozie Ikedife in Nnewi, Anambra State
According to the wife of late Biafran warlord Odumegwu Ojukwu, fallen heros should be immortalised in ways that will reflect their ideals and philosophies.
“It has always been an issue on how to immortalise great men, especially of Igbo extraction. I think individuals; organisations and institutions should sit down and think of enduring monument for such great people.Such monument should not just be in making statutes to remember the dead.
“It should involve setting up of projects that show the person’s philosophies, ideologies and all the things he believed in life. Such beliefs, philosophies, ideologies should have a place they are discussed, espoused, promoted and investigated.”
Bianca Ojukwu also described Ikedife as an extraordinary man whom she and her late husband spent time with to tackle issues that promoted Igbo cause.
“He was a true Igbo man who advanced the warfare and cause of the Igbo nation. He was always there to fight for their rights,” she stated.
- BREAKING: IPOB Declares May 30 As Sit-At-Home In Benue, Adamawa, Kaduna, Others [REASONS]
- Rude governor – Dino Melaye blasts Yahaya Bello for hugging monarch
- Army Confirms Killing Of Colonel, Others By Boko Haram
- Court fines Nigerian lawyer for inefficiency
- Wyclef says Kizz Daniel is a great talent