University of Ghana lecturer, Professor Ransford Gyampo of the Political Science department has refuted claims that he sleeps with vulnerable female students in exchange for grades in the school.
Speaking in an interview with Citi FM, on Monday, he said he has never had any sexual encounter with his student(s) because he upholds his integrity as a gentleman.
I’ll never sleep with my student, I’m a gentleman – Prof. Gyampo
Professor Gyampo added that there has not been any instance where students have officially complained to management about him sexually harassing them ever since he started teaching as a profession 14 years ago.
In the interview, he said
“I have taught for 14 years. Not a single report or formal complaint of sexual harassment or sex for grade has been launched against me.”
The lecturer continued that:
“I am committed to doing what I know how to do best and tell the politicians who are behind this that these things haven’t worried me at all.”
Professor Gyampo believes that the dent on his image has the backings of some politicians who want to bring him down in life.
The political science lecturer was one of two Ghanaian lecturers in Ghana captured on camera in the recent sex for grades scandal documented by BBC Africa Eye.
- Prof. Gyampo denies engaging in #SexForGrades after BBC exposé
- People Now Have S*x For Roles In Nollywood – Actor, Yul Edochie Speaks Up
- BBC exposes University of Lagos lecturer (video)
- #SexForGrades: UNILAG shuts down ‘cold room’, where lecturers ‘sexually harass’ students
- #SexForGrades: UNICAL lecturer says females who sexually harass lecturers should be called out too