Nigeria celebrity blogger, Linda Ikeji has just revealed that, for 10 years, she was the most searched female personality in Nigeria, according to Google.
In her post, she also mentioned that a lot of people have been asking how she has been able to stay relevant for a decade and she could only attribute that to her ability to reinvent herself.
Did you know I’m the most searched female personality in Nigeria in the last 10 years? (2008-2018) Infact, the only Nigerian woman in the top 10 list. This is according to Google!
One of the most common questions People ask me when I go speak with them is how i’ve manage to stay relevant after so many years. You have to understand that I came online in 2006 and 13 years later, we are still here, still thriving. Still relevant. My answer to that question is;
I keep moving, keep reinventing myself. I’m open to new trends and jump on it. I try to be more interesting these days. Open up a bit more about who I am. And I always share my truth. That’s why a 16 year old can walk up to me and say I’ve read your story and I’m inspired. That’s because she has an archive to read of stories I’ve told over time starting from when she was 3 years old. Lol.
To be a one-hit wonder is easy. Staying relevant through the years is hard. To continue to get attention, you have to constantly innovate and be creative…and remember to do today’s job with today’s method! Move with the tide!
- See The Top Trending Searches For Nigerians On Google In 2019
- Nigerian lady recounts how she became depressed after she moved from Nigeria to the US
- “Growing up in Warri is automatic ticket to survive anything, anywhere” – Omashola
- Google launches Google for Nonprofits in Nigeria
- Peruzzi shares proof that his ex-boss, King Patrick was ‘there when Davido signed him’. (Photos)