The agency got wind that over 500 persons were expected at the party and acted swiftly.
Recall that in a bid to curtail the spread of Coronavirus in the state, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, in a recent media chat, announced the ban on public gathering of more than 50 persons in the state.
However, in a publication released by the state Ministry of Information and Strategy, the state government said the approved number for social gatherings has been reduced to 20 persons.
As guests at the party would be more than the approved figure by the government, LASEPA officials moved into the venue and sealed it off.
In a related development, the LASEPA officials also sealed off Regency and Imperial hall for failing to comply to the initial ban on social gathering above 50 persons in the state.
- Coronavirus: Drama As Lagos Govt Seals Plaza, Mall For Violating Directive On Large Gathering
- Edo Government Restricts Gatherings To 20 Persons
- Coronavirus: Governor Sanwo-Olu orders the immediate closure of nightclubs, bars and other social gatherings
- State Governor Suspends 8 Top Officials After Discovering 5000 Ghost Workers
- Lagos Shuts RCCG, C&S Church, Other Buildings, Gives Reason