A Nigerian lawyer, Inibehe Effiong has revealed why he cannot pray for Nigeria and its leaders. According to him, the problem of the country is not spiritual, hence no need offering prayers on its behalf.
Mr Effiong who is a member of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM), said the difficulties being faced in the country today is because the people keep electing leaders based on tribe and religion.
“After voting incompetent leaders, Nigerians resort to calling on God & Allah for food, jobs, education, security & shelter,” the lawyer said at the weekend.
“We can’t have it both ways. The problems of Nig are not spiritual. It is leadership and followership. We will continue to suffer until we do what is right.
“I can’t pray for Nigeria/Nigerian leaders. Nigerian problems are not spiritual. Prayers/fasting will not give us good governance. With all the prominent Christian/Islamic leaders that we have in this country, nothing has changed. Churches/Mosques everywhere but no development,” Effiong added.
Effiong expressed regrets for voting President Muhammadu Buhari during the 2015 election. He however claims he switched his support to Omoyele Sowore, the candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC) during the 2019 presidential race.
- Osinbajo Opens Up On Nigeria’s Current Challenges In New York
- Burna Boys Speaks On Lingering Yahoo Boys Controversy
- Let’s get our priorities straight – Burna Boy on yahoo boys controversy
- 11 days after inauguration, Buhari yet to announce any appointment
- COZA: CAN reacts to rape allegation against pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo