Liverpool were dealt a major blow midway through the first half of their Premier League clash at Wolves with Sadio Mane forced off through injury.
The Senegal international appeared to be pick up what looked like a muscle problem at Molineux.
Sadio Mane came off injured during the first half of Liverpool’s game at Wolves
The 27-year-old initially wandered towards the touchline before sitting down on the pitch while play was still ongoing.
Mane, who has scored 15 goals in 30 games for the Reds this season, then signalled to the bench he needed to come off.
He was replaced by new signing Takumi Minamino, who was handed his Premier League debut.
Jurgen Klopp will be sweating on the fitness of one of his star men and will return for next week’s league trip to West Ham.
- Roberto Firmino hits late winner for Liverpool as They extend Premier League unbeaten run to 40 games
- Liverpool star Sadio Mane substituted at half-time in Atletico Madrid Champions League last-16 clash, sparking fresh injury fears
- Liverpool should not rule out selling Mohamed Salah and bringing in Kylian Mbappe or Jadon Sancho, says Darren Bent
- Jurgen Klopp praises ‘incredible’ Liverpool squad after beating Norwich and Storm Dennis to close in on Man City record
- Sadio Mane beats Liverpool teammate Mohamed Salah and Riyad Mahrez to be crowned 2019 African Player of the Year