A pregnant woman in labour has allegedly died at a police checkpoint in Abigi, Ogun State on Thursday.
Aggrieved youths stormed the Abigi Divisional Police Headquarters, blaming the police officers at the checkpoint for the death of the pregnant woman.
According to reports, the pregnant woman who is also a mother of six died in labour while on her way to the hospital for delivery on a motorcycle which was accosted at the Sowore River checkpoint.
The deceased who was being rushed to the hospital by two men were accosted by the police officers who inquired why they were not wearing face masks or obeying the social distancing order of the state government.
They were allegedly delayed by the policemen, citing the ongoing restriction of movement over COVID-19, but they were later allowed to go after realizing the woman was bleeding profusely.
She is said to have died before getting to the hospital.
The angry youth of the community stormed the police headquarters with the remains of the pregnant woman, insisting that the policemen were responsible for her death.
- Pregnant woman in labour dies after allegedly being delayed by policemen for not wearing face mask in Ogun State
- Three Policemen Killed In Delta By Suspected Herdsmen
- I Only Did One Round – Herdsman Arrested For Allegedly R*ping 54-year-Old Woman To Death In Ebonyi
- Policemen open fire in Lagos nightclub, kills one, two others injured
- LASTMA Official Allegedly Beaten To Coma By Police Officer While On Duty In Apapa