Magic Johnson has quit his role as the Los Angeles Lakers‘ president of basketball operations on Tuesday night. According to him, he desires to return to the life he enjoyed as a wealthy businessman.
Magic Johnson who took charge of franchise just over two years ago, announced his retirement to reporters without first informing the owner and manager of the club.
“I want to go back to having fun,” Johnson said before fighting off tears.
“I want to go back to being who I was before taking on this job. We’re halfway there with LeBron coming (last summer). I think this summer, with that other star coming in, whoever is going to bring him in, I think this team is really going to be in position to contend for a championship with the growth of the young players.”
- World’s Highest Paid Athlete: Messi claims top spot ahead of Ronaldo
- Keyamo Mocks Atiku, Liken His Coming Back To ‘Victims of ‘419’
- OAP Yolanda comes for people who take loans to go for summer holidays
- Real Madrid: Real Reason Neymar, Pogba Didn’t Join Zidane’s Men
- Adam Johnson & racism: Sky may sack Gordon Strachan after outrage.