Manchester City defender, John Stones, is keen to talk to Arsenal head coach, Mikel Arteta, over a possible move in January, the UK Sun reports.
Stones has failed to win Pep Guardiola’s trust during his three-and-a-half years at City.
Guardiola has instead preferred to play midfielder Fernandinho ahead of him in central defence.
Arteta who left City for the Emirates in December, is in the market for defensive reinforcements, with Calum Chambers ruled out until next season.
It is understood that Stones would be interested in talking to the Gunners.
The England international is looking to secure regular game time ahead of Euro 2020.
- Arsenal may spend in January on new defender as worst fears over Calum Chambers realised
- Mikel Arteta’s first Arsenal signing tipped to be £40million RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano
- Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti spotted at Arsenal’s win over Manchester United at Emirates Stadium
- Arsenal begin talks with Man City over the availability of Mikel Arteta
- Mikel Arteta: Arsenal CANCEL Freddie Ljungberg’s pre-match press conference with new manager set to be announced imminently