A 27-year old man, Mutiu Adekunle, has died after drinking a herbal mixture given to him by a muslim cleric in Osogbo, Osun state.
According to the spokesperson of the Osun state police command, Folasade Odoro, the late Adekunle and one of his friend, Olayiwola Opeyemi, had gone to see an Islamic spiritualist, Alfa Nureni Suleiman, for solutions to their problems and they were given a herbal concoction to drink.
Both developed complications after taking the herbal mixture and were rushed to the hospital afterwards.
Mutiu later died after efforts made by the doctors to save his life failed, while his friend, Opeyemi is still battling for his life.
Odoro said the spiritualist has been arrested while the remains of the deceased has been deposited in the morgue of Ladoke Akintola University Teaching Hospital (LAUTECH), Osogbo for autopsy.
- Four People Perish As Two Vehicles Fall Inside Roadside Stream In Osun
- Two Persons Reported Dead As Bus Plunges Into Osun River
- I Used Ransom From My Victims To Educate My Wife, Build Church, Mosque – Kidnap Suspect Confesses
- A Commissioner From Abia State Loses Wife And Two Children in Motor Accident
- Update: EFCC frees 13 out of 94 ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ suspects arrested at Osogbo nightclub