Sevilla Football Club legend, Marcelo Campanal, is dead. He died at the age if 89.
The Spanish La Liga side made the announcement in a tweet on their official Twitter page on Monday.
“A small tribute to our fallen legend.
“Campanal is the one who made the impossible possible on a soccer field.”
Meanwhile, Real Madrid have also reacted to the death of Marcelo.
In a statement on its official website on Monday, the Los Blancos said:
“Real Madrid C.F., its president and board of directors are deeply saddened by the passing of Sevilla F.C. and Spanish national team legend, Marcelo Campanal.
“Real Madrid wishes to express its condolences to his family and friends, his club and all Sevilla F. C. supporters.
“The iconic defender, who passed away today at the age of 89, left his mark on a legendary era at Sevilla F.C., where he spent 16 seasons, and on the Spanish game.”
- Ex English premier League defender found dead on New Year’s Day
- Real Madrid Players Receive Exotic Cars To Celebrate Christmas (Photos)
- ‘I s*** on your w**** mother’ – Sergio Ramos’ alleged rant at Real Madrid loanee Martin Odegaard caught on camera
- Real Madrid set Arsenal deadline over Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang transfer
- Zidane: Were’re not giving up on laliga title