Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan has issued Paul Pogba a warning over his future at Old Trafford.
Speaking ahead of United’s Champions League last 8 tie with Barcelona, Phelan has told the Frenchman why he must stay.
The 26-year-old’s form has dipped off over recent weeks amid speculation that he remains keen to leave the club.
Phelan: “We are trying to apply ourselves to Paul’s game”
Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s assistant has urged Pogba to remain at Old Trafford beyond the summer.
Despite enjoying a rejuvenation under United’s new Norwiegn manager, the former Juventus man is being linked with a move away.
However, Phelan has warned Pogba to remain at the club with Ole and his staff keen to help him keep improving.
“I think that happened to quite a few players (during Mourinho’s last few months at United), they probably drew into themselves a little bit and were very cautious.
“Paul had a spell where all the eyes were on him and delivery of his best wasn’t there all the time – the consistency.
- Paul Pogba Could Leave For Real Madrid – Solskjaer Admits
- Manchester United’s Paul Pogba responds to Roy Keane comments
- Gossip: Man Utd deal to sell Pogba scuppered by PSG star
- Transfer News: Real Madrid move to sign Paul Pogba
- Pogba ‘to beg Solskjaer to let him leave’ Man Utd in £120m deal