The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has announced the shut down of all passenger train services nationwide with effect from Monday, March 23, 2020.
The spokesman of the NRC, Mr. Yakub Mahmood, said the board and management of the corporation approved the shut down as a measure to prevent the spread of the “already known COVID-19 outbreak.”
“Further information on passengers’ train services will be made available in due course to our esteemed passengers,” the statement said.
A senior NRC official said;
“This is response to the nationwide lockdown in response to COVID-19 outbreak. This is in order to safeguard the lives of the passengers and our staff. “The shutdown affects all train services including your darling Abuja-Kaduna train and all narrow gauge services on Ido-Ijoko route until further notice.”
- No Train Was Attacked On The Abuja-Kaduna Railway – NRC
- #Covid-19: FG shut Aso Villa as Buhari’s aide tests positive for virus; Garba Shehu, others self-isolate
- Coronavirus: South Africa goes on 21-day nationwide lockdown
- Juventus centre-back Daniele Rugani tested positive for coronavirus
- South Africa In Dilemma As Coronavirus Cases Reach 554, Highest In Africa