The Governor of Edo State made the announcement at a mass organized at St Paul Catholic Church in Benin to mark the 80th birthday of former APC national chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun.
Governor Obaseki expressed hope of normalcy returning to the state.
He said “things will soon return to normalcy in the state.”
“I thank you very much for the remarkable homily. I listened very attentively and I have taken every word in your remark to heart and very seriously. I want to assure you that we are in pursuit of peace and we will have peace in Edo state.
“We have met – me and my predecessor in office – and fortunately, we do not have any fundamental issues. And because we do not have any fundamental issues, I believe that whatever third parties are trying to propagate I am sure we can talk over it. I assure you that very soon things will return to normalcy in Edo state.”
See more photos below:
- I took N7bn loan to pay May salaries, says Abiodun
- Achike Udenwa is worst Imo Governor – Rochas Okorocha
- Simi and X3M Music label ends contract after 5 years
- Makinde gives Ajimobi’s aides 48 hours to return govt vehicles
- My eldest wife is the First Lady —Nasarawa Gov