The Governor of Edo State made the announcement at a mass organized at St Paul Catholic Church in Benin to mark the 80th birthday of former APC national chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun.
Governor Obaseki expressed hope of normalcy returning to the state.
He said “things will soon return to normalcy in the state.”
“I thank you very much for the remarkable homily. I listened very attentively and I have taken every word in your remark to heart and very seriously. I want to assure you that we are in pursuit of peace and we will have peace in Edo state.
“We have met – me and my predecessor in office – and fortunately, we do not have any fundamental issues. And because we do not have any fundamental issues, I believe that whatever third parties are trying to propagate I am sure we can talk over it. I assure you that very soon things will return to normalcy in Edo state.”
See more photos below:
- I Challenge Anyone To Expose Me — Yari
- Mixed Reactions Trail Ganduje’s Birthday Message To Kwankwaso
- Edo APC Suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- Lagos Assembly Summons Ambode Again; Demands Answers To 5 Questions
- I rejected Boko Haram’s offer to renounce Christ — Pastor who regained freedom after 7 months in Boko Haram captivity, speaks