Oko Oloyun is dead, the popular trado-medical practitioner, Alhaji Fatai Yusuf, was on yesterday killed by gunmen on the Eruwa-Igboora Road in the Ibarapa Central area of Oyo State.
Oko Oloyun was said to be on his way from an outing around 4:30pm on Thursday, 23rd January 2020, when the gunmen shot at his vehicle, a report by PUNCH said.
The Oyo State Police Public Relations Officer, Gbenga Fadeyi, who confirmed the incident, said the state Commissioner of Police, Shina Olukolu, had visited the scene and ordered an investigation into the incident. Fadeyi said;
“Gunmen attacked his vehicle on the Eruwa-Igboora Road in Ibarapa Central; they shot at his vehicle and he was hit by a bullet. Police personnel were immediately mobilised to the area and the Commissioner of Police has gone to the scene of the attack for an on-the-spot assessment and has deployed the police tactical team to trail the hoodlums and comb the area for possible arrest and prosecution.
“He has ordered an immediate investigation into the incident. The man’s corpse has been deposited in the Igbo-Ora General Hospital.”
Oko Oloyun’s corpse had been deposited in the Igbo-Ora General Hospital’s mortuary.
The late Alhaji Fatai Yusuf, is the manufacturer of Yoyo Bitters and Fijk Flusher. Both herbal products are popular in Nigeria’s southwest region.
- He Was Killed Between 2 Police Checkpoints – Witnesses Open Up About Oko Oloyun's Murder (Photos)
- Why Oko Oloyun Was Murdered – Police Make Shocking Findings
- APC Chieftain Beaten To Death In Imo
- Security Guard Drilled After US Returnee, Mutiu Agbosasa Was Murdered In Ikorodu
- Woman beats stepson to death, buries him secretly in Ogun