National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress(APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has stated that candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Senator Douye Diri cannot be sworn in on Friday as Bayelsa Governor because he did not meet the requirements of the Supreme Court.
According to a report by TheNation, Oshiomhole pointed out the judgement of the Supreme Court said the certificate of return should be issued to the candidate, who has the required spread in the election aside from David Lyon.
He said there was no candidate in the election that met the requirement apart from Lyon, adding that the implication is that from Friday Bayelsa will be without a Governor.
- APC Writes INEC, Demands Fresh Governorship Election In Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Sacks APC’s Lyon As Governor-elect Of Bayelsa State, Declares PDP Winner
- PDP’s Douye Diri Shows Off His Certificate Of Return (Photo)
- Diri Douye sworn-in as Governor of Bayelsa state (Photos)
- Incoming Governor Of Bayelsa State, Diri Duoye Celebrating Today (Photos)