Nigerian police have restricted movement in and out of the Afrika shrine to prevent EndSARS meeting from taking place there.
This came after Seun, one of the sons of Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, had earlier sent out flyers while announcing a meeting on the lessons from #EndSARS protests.
However, the police had written to the Anikulapo family, demanding that the meeting must not hold at the shrine, a relaxation spot.
Seun also shares photos of the letter written by the police on his social media page.
“You are hereby warned to suspend such gathering as any infraction that may emerge from this gathering will be tagged a deliberate action to sabotage the transition and restoration of the peace in Lagos State by the Lagos State Government and the Nigeria Police Force,” the letter read.
Today, November 17, police have reportedly restricted people from moving in and out of the shrine in other to prevent the meeting from happening.
- #EndSARS: Seun Kuti reacts after the government reportedly threatened to close down the African shrine over his proposed ‘mass meeting’
- Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters: “Please take a break tomorrow”
- “Nigerian Army And Police Were Created To Kill Black People” -Seun Kuti
- “We have put up with this menace for too long” – Falz set to join Runtown on the #EndSARS protest
- Wanted Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Writes National Assembly, Demands Investigation Into Killings At His Home