(CNN) — It’s official, Akon has his own city in Senegal.
Known as “Akon City,” the rapper and entrepreneur tweeted Monday that he had finalized the agreement for the new city.
“Looking forward to hosting you there in the future,” his tweet read.
The official website for the city said at the time it would be a five-minute drive from the West African state’s new international airport.
‘I really want to make the biggest impact in Africa’
“I really want to make the biggest impact in Africa for sure,” Akon said during a 2013 interview with CNN. “If I could have my way, Africa would be the United States of Africa.”
See his tweet below:
- U fall my hand this time – Samklef trolls MI Abaga after the rapper cautioned Akon not to call Wizkid his little bro
- #Xenophobic : Nigerian rapper, Ycee and SA rapper, AKA fight dirty on Twitter
- Wizkid has achieved more than Akon, nobody should call him “Lil bro” – MI Abaga refuses to back down on his opinion
- Drake to visit Nigeria in March 2020
- Don’t address Wizkid as your little brother – MI Abaga cautions Akon