According to Marca, Perez told the club’s board members and partners during a meeting on Monday that Man United refused to sell Pogba, while Neymar’s speculation came from the media, rather than the club.
The newspaper reports that the Los Blancos chief also stated that Real Madrid had never invested so much in players like last summer’s transfer window even though they already had a great squad.
It would be recalled that Neymar and Pogba was heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid throughout the summer.
The duo was among the six players Real Madrid manager, Zinedine Zidane and Perez agreed to sign last summer.
But both players, however, stayed put at their respective clubs after the transfer window.
- Manchester United transfer news: Red Devils ‘reject’ chance of opening transfer talks with Gareth Bale
- Real Madrid willing to offer Man United Gareth Bale or James Rodriguez to land Paul Pogba
- Transfer News: Real Madrid move to sign Paul Pogba
- Gossip: Man Utd deal to sell Pogba scuppered by PSG star
- Solskjaer to be handed Man United’s biggest ever transfer budget