According to Marca, Perez told the club’s board members and partners during a meeting on Monday that Man United refused to sell Pogba, while Neymar’s speculation came from the media, rather than the club.
The newspaper reports that the Los Blancos chief also stated that Real Madrid had never invested so much in players like last summer’s transfer window even though they already had a great squad.
It would be recalled that Neymar and Pogba was heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid throughout the summer.
The duo was among the six players Real Madrid manager, Zinedine Zidane and Perez agreed to sign last summer.
But both players, however, stayed put at their respective clubs after the transfer window.
- Ceballos ‘contacts Real Madrid president’ over Arsenal future
- Eden Hazard vows to go back to Chelsea when he’s done at Real Madrid and says he keeps up with their results
- Gossip: Man Utd deal to sell Pogba scuppered by PSG star
- Manchester United transfer news: Paul Pogba happy to stay at Old Trafford in January, confirms agent Mino Raiola
- Why I left Chelsea For Real Madrid – Hazard