A member of the IGP Special Tactical Squad, speaking as a prosecution witness on Friday told an FCT High Court in Apo, Abuja that Sen. Dino Melaye damaged two police vehicles in an attempt to escape from custody.
The witness, ASP Dennis Agbi, made the allegation while testifying in the ongoing case, filed against Melaye.
Melaye, Senator representing Kogi West Senatorial District, is facing trial on six counts of attempted suicide, attempt to escape from custody and damage to police property.
The witness told the court that while on duty on April 24, 2018, a white-coloured Toyota Hilux with Registration No. MKA 603 GY, was brought for him to record as exhibit.
He added that another white Hiace bus with front right side mirror broken, and the left side back window glass, broken.
The witness told the court that the bumper CER/STS/11/2018B in his records.
After the inspection of the vehicles by the judge, they were admitted and marked as exhibits by the court.
The Prosecution Counsel, Mr Jovi Oghojafor, requested for an adjournment, to enable him to bring it at the next adjourned day.
Justice Silvanus Oriji adjourned the case until May 16, May 27 and May 28.
- How Loans Granted Bukola Saraki By Erastus Akingbola Were Waived- Witness .
- EFCC Witness Tells Court How Ecobank Committed $50,000, N9.2m Fraud
- Union Bank staff Steals N15Million From Customer’s Account arraigned by Police
- Lekki hotel gang rape: Lagos state government insists on continuous trial of suspects despite victims appeal for withdrawal of case
- Court Papers: Journalist Charged With Money Laundering, Tax Evasion