Tennis player, Dalila Jakupovic, has quit the Australian Open after she coughed and collapsed to the court due to the smoky air.
Due to the Australian wildfires, the air in Melbourne is said to be “the worst in the world” as the air quality remains really poor.
It was a bit of shock that the qualifying round of the tournament kicked off yesterday, as the chief health officer had earlier revealed that the air was very poor.
Dalila Jakupovic was in the middle of the second set of her match against Stefanie Vogele when she started coughing uncontrollably and went to her knees.
“I was really scared that I would collapse, I never had breathing problems. I actually like heat,” Jakupovic added. “I just couldn’t breathe anymore and I just fell on the floor.”
Other tennis pros needed assistance during their matches including Genie Bouchard and Bernard Tomic.
- 8 months later, 3-yr-old girl vomits the nail she swallowed while playing in school
- Toddler falls to his death from fourth floor while celebrating his third birthday
- Andy Murray signs up for virtual Madrid Open as tennis becomes latest sport to tackle coronavirus pandemic online
- Super-Mom! Serena Williams wins first title since having her daughter
- Drinking alcohol doesn’t protect you against Coronavirus- WHO warn