Son Heung-Min scored a second-half winner, as Tottenham Hotspur claimed a 1-0 win over Manchester City on Tuesday night.
Pep Guardiola’s men came into the first leg as favourites and should have taken the lead in the first half, but Sergio Aguero’s weak penalty was saved by Hugo Lloris.
City failed to create clear cut chances and were punished after Son retrieved the ball and slammed it past Ederson.
In the other game of the night, Liverpool saw off FC Porto 2-0.
Nabil Keita and Roberto Firmino scored in the opening 45 minutes, to seal victory for the Reds.
- If Man City beat Liverpool to the title, Pep Guardiola threatens to boycott Community Shield
- Premier League amend fixture list to accommodate Liverpool & Tottenham’s European ventures
- Virgil van Dijk to be crowned PFA Players’ Player of the Year
- Tottenham beat ManCity to qualify for UCL semi-finals
- Salah becomes fastest Liverpool player to reach 50 EPL goals