A woman conveying her daughter to school has drowned on Sunday when the private vehicle she was driving skidded off the road and plunged into an Ogun River.
According to reports, she was driving along the dual carriage bridge between Ososa and Odogbolu stretch of the Sagamu – Ore expressway when the sad incident happened.
Woman dies after vehicle plunges into Ogun River
Her daughter, a student of Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED), Ijagun, Ogun state, was however rescued from the water.
The Public Relations Officer, Ogun State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE), Babatunde Akinbiyi, told The Nation that the vehicle was coming from Lekki in Lagos and going to Ijebu-Ode when the accident happened.
Akinbiyi added that mother and daughter were the only occupants of the vehicle and that the woman was conveying her daughter, who is a student of TASUED, to school at the time but lost control of the wheel and plunged into the river.
- Two Persons Reported Dead As Bus Plunges Into Osun River
- Three Die As Bus Plunges Into River In Ogun
- How this Man prevented a danfo bus from falling off Third Mainland Bridge
- Nigerian student drowns in UK’s River Thames
- Pretty final year OAU student reportedly killed by a trailer