The Edo state police command says it has rearrested 18 prisoners who escaped from two correctional facilities in the state during a recent jailbreak.
Recall that on October 19, hoodlums who hijacked the #EndSARS protests in the state coordinated two jailbreaks at the Oko correctional facility and Benin correctional facility.
Over 2000 inmates escaped from both prisons during the jailbreak.
The state commissioner of police, Johnson Kokumo, made the news of the rearrest of the fleeing inmates known, during the parade of some suspects on Wednesday, November 18.
- FG To Release Names And Photos Of Over 1,800 Escaped Imo Inmates
- Edo Prisoner Kills Neighbor Who Testified Against Him in Court Hours After Escape
- Imo Jailbreak: Over 80 Fleeing Inmates Return To Imo Correctional Centre
- Operation Safe Haven rearrests escaped prisoner
- Police Will No Longer Fold Hands And Die Like Chicken – Edo CP Warns