200 Couples Tie The Knot In Mass Wedding Ceremony In Anambra Community
Not more than two hundred couples walked down the aisle on the same day at Saint Theresa’s Catholic Church, Uzoakwa, Ihiala in Ihiala Council Area in Anambra State.
The biannual mass wedding held on Friday, December 18, was presided over by the Auxiliary Bishop of Umuahia, Diocese, Most Reverend Dr. Michael Ukpong.
In his homily during the Pontifical High Mass, Most Reverend Ukpong described a proper marriage as one that shows unity in Christ and Church.
He reminded the couples that the union is a journey of no return and therefore, should abide by the promises made to each other and particularly charged the grooms to love their wives and brides to obey and respect their husbands.
Addressing the gathering during the reception, the Anambra State Governor’s wife, Dr Ebelechukwu Obiano represented by the Transition Committee Chairman of Ihiala Local Government Area, Mr Jude Obiwuru defined the wedding as a great thing aimed at channelling the minds of the couples to raising Godly children, who will be a good ambassador of the state.
- Nigerian Couple Hold Wedding Without Reception In Lagos
- 4 months after his wife’s death, pastor marries secretary
- ‘I made up my mind 10 years ago to disgrace her’ – Bride ‘collapses’ as groom walks out during church wedding
- See the young First Lady of Imo State, Chioma Uzodinma
- Tacha pens appreciation message to Governor of Cross River state