Date published: Friday 24th July 2020 2:52
The 2020-21 Premier League season will begin on September 12, the league has announced.
The 20 top-flight clubs gathered for their final shareholders’ meeting of this season on Friday, with the final round of games taking place on Sunday.
A statement from the Premier League read: “Premier League shareholders today agreed to start the 2020-21 Premier League season on September 12, 2020.
“The final match round of the campaign will take place on May 23, 2021. The Premier League will continue to consult the FA and EFL regarding the scheduling of all domestic competitions.”
Premier League Shareholders today agreed to start the 2020/21 #PL season on 12 September
The final match round of the campaign will take place on 23 May
— Premier League (@premierleague) July 24, 2020
- Premier League 2020 summer transfer window dates: When can top-flight clubs spend and when is deadline day?
- Tottenham star Harry Kane called for Premier League season to be SCRAPPED if not completed by end of June
- Premier League plan to finish season involves games resuming from June 1 and all matches played behind closed doors
- Premier League chief hopeful of trophy presentation for Liverpool if they win first league title in 30 years
- Premier League clubs pushing to cancel season on ‘moral grounds’ – meaning Liverpool would be denied title