Police in Adamawa have rounded up no fewer than 52 suspects in a crackdown on crime spanning three months.
The Command said yesterday that the suspects were arrested with weapons including seven AK47 rifles, as well as sacks and containers filled with marijuana and rubber solution.
Commissioner of Police Adamu Aliyu told reporters that the suspects were aged between 17 and 40 years.
Among the 52 suspects is a 22-year-old Abubakar Usman, said to be one of four men who gang-raped a 25-year-old woman.
Aliyu said, “On the 16th of May 2021, operatives of the command attached to CID apprehended Abubkar Usman for inviting his three friends: Safiyana aka Pata, Ahmadu Ubandu and Didol who are now at large and jointly raped a 25-year-old woman who they deceitfully invited to Ebis Hotel in Demsawo, Yola.”
According to the CP, two people came forward to tell the police that they no longer wished to operate as kidnappers.
- Photo Of Six Cultists Who Were Nabbed During Initiation Ceremony In Lagos
- Six suspects arrested with pistol, SUV in Anambra
- Police nab 36 suspects, seize 8 vehicles bought with ransom money
- Young Girl Dies After Sex Romp At Gombe Government Lodge (Photo)
- Sit-at-home order: Police tell traders, transporters, others, to go on with businesses