Actress Foluke Daramola-Salako who pioneers Passion Against Rape and Abuse Africa, PARAA, said about 75% of rape cases being handled by her organization were perpetrated by religious leaders.
During and interview with Funmi Iyanda, Foluke Daramola-Salako who revealed she was raped by a tenant at the age of 17, said;
“75% of the cases I have on my table are from religious leaders, and a lot of time, we don’t get to the end of it, because when we start, the family would come and tell us we should leave the religious leader to God.”.
Speaking on whether indecent dressing was responsible for the number of rape cases, she said;
“Nothing attracts rape, it is a sign of weakness. Why do they rape minors, teenagers, and even old women, is that also about indecent dressing?
You hardly find rape cases against young women except for sexual assaults and abuse in workplaces, we find it mostly amongst kids, teenagers, and elderly women, how come you are now telling me it is indecent dressing? And we are not animals.” she said
- Actress Foluke Daramola Salako reportedly suffers a miscarriage after reading fake news of her marriage crash
- BBNaija star, Nina advises men and women who make false rape and sexual abuse claims
- Tiwa Savage replies lady who accused her of promoting rape, illicit drugs, cultism and violence
- Foluke Daramola allegedly loses ”another pregnancy” due to psychology trauma she suffered from waking up to hear that her marriage has crashed
- Bitcoin Ponzi Scammer Arrested by Jakarta Police for Sexual Assault