Activist, Aisha Yesufu, has gotten media users talking after she threw in her support for the rights of homosexuals in Nigeria to be respected.
In a tweet posted on her handle on Monday 11, Ms. Yesufu stated that homosexuality has been practiced in Nigeria for a long time.
”You do not need anyone liking your choice of sexuality. All you need is being given the right to practise your sexuality. Homosexuality was freely practiced in Nigeria for hundreds of years and I witnessed same sex marriages in the 80s. So calm down, it is not a new discovery”she tweeted
Some Twitter users opined that it is wrong for her to show support for something that God forbids. Ms. Yesufu responded to their comments as well as that of a man who asked to ”sleep with her son since she supports homosexuals.”
See their exchanges below:
- #EndSARS: We Will Never Forgive you, Muslims Tell Aisha Yesufu
- Charly Boy Lambasts Followers Attacking Him For Accepting His Daughter After She Revealed Her Sexuality To Him
- Bobrisky is putting the lives of millions of transgender women in danger — Gay rights activist, Bisi Alimi
- Aisha Yesufu jumps to Kiki Mordi’s defence after colleague attempted suicide
- When my husband proposed, he did not kneel down and he got people to do chores because I told him I hate chores – Aisha Yesufu speaks on her 22-year marriage