The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III has welcomed a bouncing baby boy with one of his his queens, Olori Moji. The news is coming just months after the king welcomed his third set of twins.
Olori Moji took to social media to break the news of the baby’s arrival with the below caption.
Welcome to the world my Charming prince, I thank God for safe delivery u shall Excel in life God will guide and protect you#royalbaby
Alaafin (literally translated as the Man of the Palace in Yoruba), is the name for the emperor of the Oyo empire. Even though the empire now mostly exists in the history books and in Yoruba people’s hearts, it is an important traditional post. Since 1970, Lamidi Olayiwola Atanda Adeyemi the Third, more commonly known as Oba Adeyemi, has occupied this post. He was born in 1938 on October 15, which makes him 78 years old. He has four wives. He has been together with his first wife, Ayaba Abibat, for more than fifty years. Like Adeyemi, she is also 78 years old. Whereas his most recent wife is also the youngest. She will be 29 in November this year.
- Driver strangles boss’s wife to death after he was fired (Photo)
- Actor blasts colleagues for ignoring Moji Olaiya’s daughter’s graduation
- Mother dies after giving birth to her second set of triplets in Rivers State
- Blogger Moji Delano celebrates birthday with new pictures
- Man wins $273m lotto after divorce, ex-wife reacts