‘Empire’ actor Bryshere Gray, 25, who played the role of Hakeem Lyon in the hit TV series was recently arrested in the 3000 block of West Wabansia Avenue for a “registration issue,”
Another ‘Empire’ actor arrested in Chicago
According to Chicago police, he was allegedly driving a Rolls-Royce without insurance or valid license plates. The temporary license plates were registered to a different vehicle and were past their expiration date.
During the stop, he also told officers he didn’t have insurance on the car and didn’t have his driver’s license with him. Gray was taken into custody and charged with a misdemeanor count of possession of a title or registration not authorized on a vehicle.
Bryshere Gray (mug shot)
He was also issued tickets for driving an uninsured motor vehicle and failure to carry a driver’s license. He was released on his own recognizance and is due back in court July 18.
Gray was one of several “Empire” actors who signed a letter urging producers to bring his fellow actor Jussie Smollett back to the show in its final season. Smollett was written off the show after allegations that he faked an attack on himself in January.
- Police nab three men who specialize in snatching Uber cars
- Woman dies after vehicle plunges into Ogun River
- Danfo Driver Spotted Using Shower Head In Place Of Gear Stick To Drive In Lagos
- IK Ogbonna sues Bold Pink for accusing him of being gay
- Driver strangles boss’s wife to death after he was fired (Photo)