A pre-fight gala dinner was yesterday held at the Al Faisaliah Hotel in Saudi Arabia ahead of Anthony Joshua’s rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr.
During the event, the British-Nigerian boxer was pictured kissing his mother Yeta Odusanya on the forehead as he arrived for the pre-fight gala dinner.
Joshua’s opponent, Andy Ruiz Jr. was also spotted giving Joshua’s mother a friendly handshake at the event.
Undercard fighters Dillian Whyte and Tom Little, as well as promoter Eddie Hearn were also in attendance among other dignitaries.
The anticipated rematch between Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz Jnr will take place on Saturday, December 7, 2019, in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia.
Anthony Joshua will attempt to regain his WBA, IBF and WBO Heavyweight titles he lost to Ruiz Jr back in June at Madison Square Garden. The Mexican boxer defeated Joshua in the seventh-round to hand him his first professional loss the last time they met.
See more photos below:
- Anthony Joshua fight: When and where the rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr is taking place
- Boxing news: Inside Anthony Joshua’s Saudi Arabia gym and stadium as he arrives ahead of Andy Ruiz Jr rematch
- I Won’t Celebrate When I Defeat Ruiz –Anthony Joshua
- Boxing news: Andy Ruiz Jr arrives in Saudi Arabia ahead of Anthony Joshua rematch, vows to make history again
- Boxing news: Andy Ruiz Jr warns Anthony Joshua ‘lucky shot’ knocked him down in their first fight at Madison Square Garden