Arsenal have joined fellow Premier League side Liverpool in the race to sign Roma defender Roger Ibanez, according to reports in Italy.
The Gunners brought Gabriel Magalhaes into the club in the summer window to strengthen the spine of their team in central defence.
Mikel Arteta’s side have conceded 19 goals in the Premier League this term, with only four teams in the league conceding fewer goals than Arsenal.
It is their attack that has come under serious scrutiny with only 16 goals scored, leaving them in 13th position.
Despite that, the Gunners have been linked with another defender as Arteta looks to improve his side in the January transfer window.
Calciomercato claims that ‘immovable point’ Ibanez, who has recently cemented his place at the heart of Roma’s defence, is interesting Arsenal.
The report claims ‘requests have arrived from Leicester, Arsenal and Everton’ as interest from Premier League clubs intensifies.
Ibanez, who has already been linked with Liverpool this month, would cost €30-35m, with ‘10% of the sale price’ going to Atalanta.
- Arsenal outcast Saliba to secure loan move to French side Nice
- Gossip: Liverpool move for winger; Ings rejects Spurs
- Liverpool join Arsenal, Chelsea in ‘crazy’ £59m striker race
- Gossip: Ajax defender ‘on Liverpool list’; Arsenal eye RB Leipzig star
- Gossip: Man Utd monitoring Ronaldo situation; Liverpool’s Bissouma boost