Arsenal chiefs have reportedly given Unai Emery one month to save his job.
The Gunners manager is under increasing pressure after a run of just one Premier League win since September.
AFP or licensors
Unai Emery is under pressure at Arsenal
Arsenal are currently on a five-game winless run as Emery’s tactics and line-ups have been questioned by supporters.
Emery is set to be judged on upcoming Premier League games against struggling clubs Southampton, Norwich, Brighton and West Ham, in addition to the visit of champions Man City on December 15.
It has been alleged that some staff fear the club has lost its ‘heart and soul’ since Arsene Wenger left last year.
One source told the Mirror: “The DNA that made Arsenal the club it was has slowly but surely drained away.
“Appointments have been made – both before and after Wenger’s departure – that either didn’t work out or aren’t working out.
“Long-serving members of staff have been shocked by what’s happening to the club.”
Getty Images – Getty
Arsenal will be in desperate need of a result when Premier League football returns this weekend
Emery was given a vote of confidence following Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to top four rivals Leicester last weekend.
And the Spaniard insists the Gunners can still secure Champions League football for the 2020/21 campaign.
“When we win they [the fans] are going to be happy and this is my challenge now.”
When asked whether Arsenal still had a chance of making it into the top four, Emery said: “Yes of course.
“That is very equal, that’s competition. There are another two teams with the same target – Manchester United and Tottenham.
“But I think we can and we have time to be consistent for the next matches and we have 38 matches and can make up the difference.”
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang ‘can’t be blamed’ for ending contract talks with Arsenal, says former Premier League striker Clinton Morrison
- Unai Emery backs Dani Ceballos to be Arsenal’s key man under Mikel Arteta after Premier League restart
- Unai Emery slams Arsenal players and blames ‘stars with bad attitudes’ for failures during his spell as manager
- Patrick Vieira is ‘ready’ for the Arsenal job and would be perfect replacement for Unai Emery, talkSPORT told
- Granit Xhaka future: Arsenal midfielder to leave on loan in January with AC Milan and Inter Milan fighting for his signature – reports