The Peoples Democratic Party on Friday shunned the Supreme Court’s invitation to hear its reasons for dismissing the party’s appeal against the election of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Atiku’s lawyers absent at Supreme Court
Recall that the Supreme Court had, on October 30 dismissed the appeal and promised to give reasons for its decision.
However, when the court opened on Friday morning and the case was called, all of the petitioners’ lawyers were absent.
Counsel for the APC, Alex Izinyon, informed the court that the PDP lawyers were not in appeared in court.
The court however said it will proceed with its reasons, despite the absence of the PDP. The matter was still on at the time of this report.
- Buhari VS Atiku: Supreme Court To Deliver Full Verdict Tomorrow
- Imo: Supreme Court Voids Uche Nwosu’s Candidature
- Busola Dakolo to appeal court judgement on Biodun Fatoyinbo rape case
- Breaking News: Supreme Court Affirms Ikpeazu’s Election As Abia Governor
- Details: Court orders immediate release of Orji Kalu from Kuje prison