The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Lagos State has shifted the date for the presentation of certificates of return to the governor-elect, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu and his deputy, Obafemi Hamzat.
The presentation, which was earlier fixed for yesterday, March 27, would now hold on Friday, March 29, the INEC said in a statement by its spokesman, Mr. Femi Akinbiyi.
“The event will take place at the INEC Lagos office, 6 Birell, Avenue Sabo Yaba at 11am, while a new date will be announced for the presentation of certificates of return to the 40 elected members of the state House of Assembly,” the statement said.
There was, however, no reason given by the commission for the shift in the date.
“This is probably why the date was shifted. As I am talking to you, neither the governor-elect, nor his deputy is in town,” the source said.
It was also gathered that INEC was formally notified of their absence and sought for another date for the symbolic exercise.
When contacted, the INEC spokesman simply said the new date was “the most appropriate” to present the certificates of return to the newly elected governor and deputy governor.
- JUST IN: INEC Reveals When Senators-Elect, Rep Members-Elect Will Get Certificates
- Rochas Okorocha’s name omitted, as INEC is set to present certificate of return to elected member of National Assembly
- BREAKING INEC Deletes Gov. Okorocha’s Name From List Of Elected Senators
- INEC tells politicians to emulate Bukola Saraki
- BREAKING: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Wike, Lawmakers In Rivers State