Nigeria minister of works and housing, Babatunde Fashola told the Federal Executive Council that an additional N255.6bn would be needed to complete the ongoing road and bridge construction/rehabilitation projects nationwide.
Fashola made the revelation while updating the Federal Executive Council on the ongoing road and bridge construction/rehabilitation projects (524 highways and bridges) nationwide where he highlighted 80 of them as priority projects scheduled for completion in the 2020-2021 fiscal year.
However, Fashola told the council that in order to achieve the objective of completing the prioritized projects in scheduled time, an additional N255.6bn would be needed to close the funding gap. The amount which he said was the difference between the appropriation for the projects in the 2020 budget, which stood at N157.05bn and the actual estimate for the completion of the projects, which he put at N412.64bn.
The 524 road and bridge projects currently going on across the country, cuts across every state in the federation including Abuja and had at least three of such ongoing projects.
- Lagos government closes costain bridge, roundabout, issues travel advisory
- FG announces plan to re-introduce toll gate on federal highways
- No New Projects In 2020 Budget
- Six People Narrowly Escape Death As Taxi Cab Runs Into Roadside Ditch (Photo)
- Minimum Wage: Meeting Between FG, Labour Rescheduled For Sept. 16