Barcelona are reportedly eyeing a move for Liverpool star Sadio Mane, with the forward ‘willing’ to move to the Nou Camp to replace Messi should he leave.
Messi shocked the world of football as he faxed a transfer request to Barcelona in the hopes of triggering a release clause in his contract that will allow him to leave for free.
The end of season clause technically expired in May, but the Argentine claims the delay to the season should mean it is still now valid.
Should Messi leave the club, there will be plenty of suitors, but Barcelona will also need to target a world class star to replace him.
And according to TMW (via Sport), Liverpool’s Mane is ‘willing to replace Messi’ this summer, with the La Liga giants ‘eyeing’ the Senegalese forward.
Mane had another standout season for Jurgen Klopp’s title winners, notching 22 goals in the 2019-20 season.
The 28-year-old – who has previously been targeted by Real Madrid – would not come cheap, with Liverpool demanded a fee of no less than £107million.
Mane has played under new Barca boss Koeman before when the pair were at Southampton, and has reportedly refused to sign a new Liverpool deal that has been on the table for the last nine months.
- Barcelona would have to pay more than £200m to sign Mohamed Salah or Sadio Mane from Liverpool due to ‘Coutinho clause’
- Liverpool and Man Utd target Mbappe tells PSG he wants to leave
- Messi Spotted Arriving Barcelona Training Ground for The First Time After Attempted Bid to Dump The Club Failed (Photos)
- Messi ‘cannot leave’ Barca until 2021 amid Man Utd, City links
- Real Madrid plotting £343million move for Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe to smash world transfer record