Nigerian writer and social critic, Reno Omokri Reno Omokri, faulted the airing of Big Brother Naija, BBNaija, Lockdown edition.
The former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, on Tuesday explained that BBNaija promotes sex and immorality on national television.
In a tweet, the former Presidential aide said Nigeria needs television shows that would promote youthful business and not sex.
According to Omokri: “Even in UK, where it originated, Big Brother ended in 2018. We are the world headquarters for extreme poverty.
“Our population is growing faster than our economy. We need shows that promote youthful business, not #BBNaija that promotes youthful sex.”
Recall that some housemates of the current edition of the reality television show have been seen allegedly involved in compromising positions believed to be sex.
Evicted housemate, Ka3na was reported to have had sex with fellow housemate, Praise.
Ka3na, however, denied having sex with Praise.
She had explained that they were involved in cuddling and not sex.
Another housemates, Erica and Kiddwaya were on Sunday night seen having sex under the duvet.
Nigeria’s population grows twice faster than her economy. We need shows promoting youth business, not #BBNaija promoting youth sex! We need jobs, not more babies or abortions! We need shows to make youth think of money, not shows to make them horny#FreeLeahSharibu #RenosNuggets
— Reno Omokri (@renoomokri) August 4, 2020
- Reno Omokri berates Nigerian youths over the attention they pay to the eviction of housemates of the Big Brother Naija show
- Reno Omokri Mocks Buhari For Appointing 75-Year-Old Ibrahim Gambari As COS
- BBNaija: Kiddwaya reveals why Praise was evicted by housemates
- BBNaija: Praise opens up on having sex with Ka3na under the sheets
- #BBNaija: You cease to be a boss lady – Nigerians troop in Ka3na’s page to troll her for having $ex with Praise